Thursday, May 21, 2009

Strange things I'm really excited about.

1. Flash drives. S is looking at getting me a teeny tiny new computer for my big new life, and if I'm going to have a computer that small I'll need a flash drive for files. Now that I'll be allowed to carry one around, I'm super amused at how nifty these things can get. Like:




2. Carrying around my cell phone. I often wonder how I managed without a cell phone. Considering how hard-core people seem to be at screening their calls, life was probably much the same, minus standing around muttering, "Pick up the phone..." That being said, the need for a cell phone has been rather dire this week. S has things to do, I have things to do in the same area, so we carpool. Lines of communication are scrambled, or non-existent, and we spend the next four hours trying to figure out where the other one is. Soon, in a matter of days, I'll be allowed to carry my phone at all times. This doesn't mean I'll get a hold of people any faster, it just means I have one more thing in my arsenal to throw when I get frustrated while looking for those people.


3. Earrings. I don't usually wear earrings, I don't own any plain enough to wear at work. Before this job I wore them all the time, four gauges that you could see through. I don't think I'm going to get back up to that extreme. But I am getting my cartilage pierced, and I can't effing wait.


4. Oh my god shoes. Who can't wait to wear cute shoes all the time? This kid. These shoes:

Because they don't look like you could comfortably run two or three miles in them. And that's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment