Sunday, May 3, 2009

in the beginning

In my worst times I come to the Internet for advice, because that's what everyone with a computer and a connection to the intarwebz seems to do these days (it's why Web MD is super popular). I'm sure all of those people were also confronted with what I found out every time it's 2AM, I can't sleep, and I'm frantically asking Google things like, "What should I do with my life?"

The Internet doesn't know the answer to this any better than I do.

But people do this every day. Isn't there a blog somewhere with someone in the exact same predicament as me?

Aside from this one, I mean.

I don't like talking about my job. Not just because I'm not supposed to talk about it, but because there's a whole slew of people out there waiting to judge me because of it. But if you understand what "terminal leave" is, and you get it when I say, "I have 15 business days until my terminal leave starts," then you have an idea of what I do.

Air. Not ground or water.

So, here I am, on the cusp of a new beginning. I'm quitting my job, and in August I'm going to school (the fightin'...Road Runners?) for Clinical Lab Sciences. Huh zah. When I'm not crouching in the corner in fear over what the future holds, I enjoy knitting and reading. I'm also a huge fan of random information, reading Wikipedia, British royalty, and Pearl Jam. I've seen the latter four times in concert. I have two cats and a husband, who I heart immensely.

And I have never been so terrified or exhilarated in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment